Thursday 5 October 2017

blog feedback and LR

WWW: Overall, this is a very good start in Media! Your film poster analysis in particular offers depth and knowledge/research of the film studios behind Alien. More like this please!

EBI: Two issues I want to pick up. Firstly, written English. You need to make sure you are writing accurately in every piece of work you produce. In your blog so far, you’re missing capital letters for titles in places – that’s not good enough! Secondly, your denotation and connotation tasks don’t have the depth that your film poster analysis offers. If we are going to be aiming for those 7-9 grades, you need to explore texts from a variety of angles and offer real depth and detail to your written analysis. Compare this analysis to your WaterAid/Mr Kipling work: http://ishachana2.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/denotation-and-connotation.html


LR: Reflect on your first month of Media. What do you feel is your strongest piece of work so far? What is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course? How can you improve the depth and detail of your media analysis?

Response
My strongest piece of work so far is my Alien poster analysis because I believe that I went into a lot of detail in the analysis of the industry and what the poster means in depth.
I believe my weakest piece of work so far is my Mr Kipling analysis because I didn't go into enough detail nor did I think a lot about it. Specific skills or knowledge I need to develop are for Denotations, Connotations and learning how to properly analyse colours.
I think I could improve by practising Denotation and  Connotation until I can do it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CSP's

Magazines 1) Print Magazines: Tatler CSP case study 2) Reveal: case study blog task 3) OMO advert: blog task 4) Represent NHS Bloo...