Thursday 14 March 2019

Girl Of The Sun Statement of intent improved newest

Introduction

Girl of The Sun will be a teen sci-fi series about a young 15-year-old girl who discovers that she has strange powers. During this period of time she gets followed home and decides to confront this person; in doing so she unintentionally unlocks her powers' potential and knocks her stalker unconscious. I will put a wide shot to show as she is being followed. She returns home to her mother and her mother explains to her that she is from a planet that was destroyed and that her family sent her to earth to survive. In this series, the main character goes on finding out about herself and experiences many emotionally tormenting events including finding out her best friend Zed is a Galactian spy. My 2-minute extract is in the opening scene of episode 7, the previously on part of the episode showing key moment of past episodes. This is because in episode 7 the story will continue en-media-res during the fight between Alisa and her Best friend Zed.

Media Language
I intend to have 4 locations in which I will film 3 main characters plus members of an ensemble cast. There will be both diegetic and non-diegetic sounds in this production. I intend to use a non-diegetic soundtrack of low sci-fi music within the whole of the 2-minute extract and I will overlay the sound with some diegetic sound, the explanation given by Alisa's mother. I intend to use a wide shot to show the tension between Alisa and her best friend during the fight scene. The locations I have chosen will be a field to represent her home planet, the school drama room to look like the house, an alleyway near the canal to give off a creepy atmosphere as she is being followed and outside D block to show where she and her best friend confront each other. I will use a close up of Alisa with her mother in the background emphasise their facial expressions to allow the audience to understand the emotion at the end of the explanation scene. I will add grey-scale to parts of my sequence to show it is a flashback.


Representation
The main character Alisa will subvert female stereotypes as she has been created to be the hero of her own story along with being a strong person she challenges the ongoing female stereotype of being weak and having to be saved. I intend to reinforce male stereotypes by using a white male as the kidnapper as women are never shown to be kidnappers. I will deliberately show scenes in which my main character will come up against male villains who appear to be stronger but my female protagonist will very clearly win. I will also deliberately present Alisa's mum as a single mother so as to subvert normal stereotypes of women as she is strong and doesn't need a man.


Audience


The target audience for this series is families of the working class. I believe that my series can create nostalgia as it is filmed mainly in the streets of London and in an archetypal school as this will help to connect with working-class families from ages 10+ as everyone will know what a school looks like. If people like watching Small Ville- a series about Superman- or Marvels Gifted. I believe they will like this series as it will give audience pleasures such as identification, as it is in a familiar living area. Diversion, as it is quite entertaining and has an intriguing story. Finally, Relationships as the story allows you to truly connect and empathise with Alisa and her story. By allowing Alisa to win against many male villains, I believe that this will attract  a large female audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CSP's

Magazines 1) Print Magazines: Tatler CSP case study 2) Reveal: case study blog task 3) OMO advert: blog task 4) Represent NHS Bloo...